offer the best in legal services.
Our legal professionals know the courts and the legal business in Norfolk County.
We take pride in giving our clients reliable advice and representation with respect to all legal issues.
P.O. Box 548
Canada N3Y 4N5
P.O. Box 1419
Port Dover, Ontario
Canada N0A 1N0
News and Events
Cobb and Jones Law Office has an opening for a full time Family/Litigation Assistant with 2 years of experience, supporting an associate lawyers in their family/civil litigation practice at our Simcoe location.
Primary Duties Include:
• Preparation and drafting of correspondence and legal documents, including but not limited to: applications, separation agreements, parenting plans, pleadings, affidavits, memos, correspondence, etc.)
• Opening & Closing of client files, in accordance with LSUC guidelines
• Prepare financial statements and Net Family Property (NFP) Statements
• Ability to provide administrative support including researching, compiling, comparing, and organizing legal documents, corresponding with clients
• Act as the intermediary between clients and lawyer while conducting calendar and schedule management
• Managing the physical and electronic client files in accordance with firm policies
• Docketing lawyers time daily, and maintaining accurate billing records
• Other general duties as required
• 2 years of Family/Civil Litigation law experience
• Solid understanding of Family Law Rules and court filing processes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
• Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
• Strong technical skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PC Law, Outlook and DivorceMate)
Please email Stephanie Vandenberg, Manager, at email@example.com
Cobb and Jones is seeking legal assistant with at least 2 years of experience in real estate transactions and corporate law.
- Client intake/management
- Title searching
- Preparing mortgage documents/ - Preparing client signing documents
- Preparing client and mortgage final reports
-drafting legal documents, incorporations, amalgamations, the preparation of resolutions and transactional documentation, registering business names, preparing annual resolutions and conducting corporate searches
Must have skills:
- Attention to detail and Advanced written and oral English skills
- Working knowledge of Lawyer Done Deal/ conveyancing platform
- Advanced knowledge of Teraview and PCLAW/Outlook
Please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 519-428-0170
Please be advised that our Port Dover office will be closed Friday, May 18th and Monday, May 21st for the Victoria Day weekend. Our Simcoe office will be closed on Monday, May 21st for the long weekend. Have a fun and safe holiday!
The tragedy which involved a collision between a transport truck and a bus carrying the Humboldt Broncos hockey team has touched the entire County of Norfolk. In support of Humboldt and the Humboldt Broncos, Cobb & Jones wore their sports jerseys on April 12, 2018. Humboldt: your supporters can be found all the way down to Southern Ontario! We are thinking of you during this heart wrenching time.
Please be advised that our Port Dover office will be closed on Friday, April 13th 2018 due to Port Dover's Friday the 13th events. You may direct your calls to our Simcoe office (519-428-0170) which will be operating at our normal business hours of 9am-5pm. We appreciate your understanding and hope that you are able to enjoy the festivities taking place in Port Dover!
We're wishing all the best to Keith Jones after he officially leapt into retirement on January 1, 2018. We welcome clients of Keith's to contact our office to continue their journey with Cobb and Jones and our many experienced lawyers.
During the month of October, Cobb & Jones is hosting a month full of fun themes in order to raise money for United Way of Haldimand Norfolk. We've had a bake sale, a slipper day, a jersey day and an athletic day! Make sure you stop in to see what we're up to and consider offering a donation to help us with our fundraising! All proceeds go directly to United Way.
If you run a business and are offering products and/or services, creating a contract should be one of your first steps. In this webinar, learn from Adam Kowalsky of Cobb and Jones LLP and Jessica Bommarito, Creative Business Coach, as they take part in a contract Q & A. Listen as they answer your questions about creating and enforcing contracts.
Copy and paste the link in your browser to watch and listen today! https://www.facebook.com/coachjbomm/?ref=bookmarks
Cobb and Jones supports the Rotary Spelling Bee 2017. The Hillbilly Corn Cobbs won for the most pledges donated!! Go team C&J.
We are pleased to announce that Thomas A. Cline has moved his practice as of November 1, 2016 to the Cobb & Jones Law Firm. Thomas is bringing with him over 50 years of experience in Real Estate, Wills & Powers of Attorney, Municipal and Corporate Law! He is also bringing his assistant of 42 years, Darcy Varey. Welcome Thomas and Darcy! We all look forward to working with you.
We are thrilled to continue our sponsorship and continued relationship with Port Dover's Lighthouse Festival Theater. Check out our advertising ads on the back of each play pamphlet for a good laugh.
We are pleased to announce that Matthew Harmes has joined our firm as a new associate lawyer practicing Real Estate, Estates, Family and Civil Litigation. Congratulations Matt!
Instead of the usual staff gift exchange, this year we bought gifts for the Norfolk Pregnancy Centre. We had great deal of fun collecting all kinds of goodies! Diapers, formula, baby items and toys!
Cobb & Jones participated in the 8th Annual Grate Groan Up Spelling Bee! Our team included Shawn Swarts, Walter Drescher and Stephanie Vandenberg. We may not be good Spellerz but we had fun trying and raising money for a great cause!